Sharing what I know


It's not always easy to do what you love in life. 
This days it's all about money status and who did what.
 I Cook for a living but no amount of money has driven me to do this,
 I was always Mocked in college being asked "How can I got to school for cooking"


 

       (Plating The  BIG  Group Four Hundred,
        those type of weddings that have fancy food cooked by us)


In all this my friends got my passion building up in me and left me up to what I loved doing , the  pushed me in the right direction and never lost site of me. Because I remember at some point where I wanted to go cook in the military for a quick buck and my friend  stopped me and ask if it is about the money or what's in me. He told me to just let work itself out. 

Getting my first job at the Michel Angelo Tower Parc Ferme restaurant made me see the industry and how to work your way up, then i developed more passion in a different stream but still in cooking. I mean their's a lot of chefs that can do what the other can't do. Seeing a different opening like being a chef that specialize with some different food and is best know for it was my way out. 

I cooked with a headchef called Atma from Mauricius, he knew a lot about seafood and how to play around with it even on a bad day. With the little he gave me I took it upon myself to learn more and expand my knowledge of different cuisines of the world. 

After working there I started wanting something big something different, got an agency called "Awesome Travel" powered by the Ubuntu Institution that deals with hospitality student and hoteliers, by taking them out of the country to go work In different parts of the world and get experience.

In April 4th, 2013 I went to go work to U.S.A for The Grand Hotel Mackinac Island in Michigan State. It was a great way to gain experience in big hotel kitchens where the production is massive. Like I mention in other posts, I met nice friends and got the chance to travel to new places. 

Nowadays, as you may know I'm living at the UAE, working and learning about latin cuisine at this fine dining restaurant called Asia de Cuba

                                                                   
Getting My work station ready before lunch hour
 at the Gate House one of the outlets
 Restaurant owned by THE GRAND HOTEL

One of my good friends I made while work for 
the Hotel, a local guy really good at what
 he does and pushing his dreams foward of being a good cook

.
 
A soft main course , fried Scallop on a bed
 of Sweetened Cauliflower Puree and 
topped with Purple Coloured Parsnip strips 




Red Telephone booth I don't know
 why is it in the USA but maybe it
 holds a bit of History with it and reasons why its the.



One of may dayoff''s I had on the Island, and
 behind me is The GREAT Grand Hotel from
 the South Porch just on top of the Ice Cream 
shop named after the Family Dog.


Helping to plate One of May Starters
 for big events, weddings and Parties for the Rich.


Salom Flower Starter with cream
 cheese,  diced red onion and cucumber. 


Pre-platting salads because the night would really get heavey 
on us as the dinning area holds a Thousand Guest, Breakafst ,
 Lunch and dinner. so always had to be ready for action, and
 in the back round is a Fellow South African
 and behind him Hugo and the Executive Chef and Butcher Hans.


One of the Ladies i worked with and , she was one 
of the best in preping Cold starters and salads/


Abu Dhabi Airport just about to check in
 and leave for the USA, the 15 Hour flight.


Picture with The General Manager
 Jenniffer King, and Avron fellow chef


First bite after landing
 in the USA with the guys 


This is the biggest Kitchen I have seen and worked
 in 50 Chefs a shift and we all move like an oiled machine 




Fun times with Friends 
learning, fooling around too.


Top View of the Kitchen During dinner
service waiters bar guys and the Chefs.





Stuffed Pork Chop on a bed of Hash Mix
 and steamted veg's with brown sources.

One of the crazy creations I
made for my lunch


Brandy


Getting the Plate ready for the Lobster Tail dish

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Superkabza