Introducing Superkabza

Hello!


I want to start this blog by introducing myself. I am Kabelo Kalebe, 24 year old cook. I was born in South Africa and I have a love for good and healthy food. The main reason of starting this blog is to share with you my passion for food, culture, photography and my knowledge and experience of taking day by day ingredients and making a simple and healthy light meal in a short time. I will also tell you about my adventures which got me to this point.

So where did my passion come from? In the year 2010 I used to work in a hotel in Protea in the front office and the bar, where I got the chance to get in touch with the kitchen. That´s when I realised that I wanted to be in the culinary world. So I decided to study to be a cook in the Mafikeng Institute of Hotel Management in the North West Province, South Africa and graduated in the year 2012.



I realized that before studying, I was already passionate about cooking. My mother and aunts are my main inspirations. It is known in my family that each of them has a secret recipe for every dish. My mum is really good at baking and makes great summer salads. I remember I started helping in the kitchen at our house when I was 9, and by the time I was 11, I would cook for my mum and brother every Friday.

After studying I did an internship at the Michelangelo Hotel in Sandton, at the restaurant "Parc Ferme", as a line chef with fish only, that´s where my love for sea food came from, so be ready for a lot of recipes with sea food as the main ingredient.

My last experience in culinary was this international internship I did in 2013 in America. I was working at the Grand Hotel Mackinac Island placed in Michigan State. This hotel opens only 6 to 8 months every year and it is mainly a summer resort. I worked there as a line cook. The best part was getting the chance to learn different kinds of food and cultures such as Philippine, Mexican and Peruvian. I´ll be posting recipes I learnt there too.



Finally, I love hosting cookouts for my friends at the local dam, check out the following pictures where we enjoyed a simple, light and healthy meal. We had an open Braai (also known as a BBQ) where we cooked potatoes and prawns on a stick with masala, soy sauce and chives, dressing with cheese smoked sausages and lamb potjie with basil, sweet corn and homemade pickled onions.







Want to thank my friend Kgosi for the pics of the cook out.

Hope you had a good time reading my blog. I´ll be posting more soon!


Kabelo "SuperKabza" Kalebe




Photography Credits:

Kgosi Kgosi
Directo & Founder NLT Media
Mobile: +27 614737225
Follow: @Kgosi_Kgosi & @NLT_Media
www.facebook.com/nltmedia

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog