Superkabza's Cookout



When I started cooking and most of my friends and their friends knew I cooked, the most common question I would get is "When will I taste your food?" or "When will you cook for me?", mainly from the ladies, because the guys always knew we would have a braai (BBQ) so it didn't matter to them that much as they'd tasted my food. 

But in all this, I never had time to cook for everyone and it wasn't possible for me to do that. What came from this was that it pushed me to want to do something for my friends. 

Theo at work


That's when I thought of a cookout where I invited friends and which came with their friends for the day at the local dam. I also invited my fellow chef and friend Theo (@cheftheo) to help me achieve the good day.  

Chef Theo and Selder
Grilling potatoes and getting ready to start the salad
We located the cookout in a place where we all can make it and I draw up the menu to compliment the day with small eats, salads and nothing heavy. Myself and Theo cooked chicken, fish, prawns, beef, lamb,  pork,  "South African Potjie" (which is cooking meat with potatoes, carrots, onions and herbs in a cast iron pot on an open fire for hours on a low heat till its tender, you can always add anything you want) and had a braai. But everything is cooked in two different ways: his style and mine. Since it's a social day with friends, we enjoyed some beer with the good food.


Chopping up some chives for the prawns

Myself and hef Theo doing what we love, prawns two ways for our friends

first starter for the day

Getting them ready for the cookout


What I love about this cookout is that when cooking, our friends see it from the beginning to the end and they get involved by asking questions, and even get to help out a bit. 

Having a beer after a long day of cooking
It's also nice that it's in the outdoors and we only cook on open fire, no stoves, no gas or anything. For a first time it went well and I got calls from my friend saying they want more. Check out some pictures.

Tebogo enjoying Potjie on a bed of potatoes with a celery salad and chicken strips with a side of mayo

Sunset

Friends enjoy one of the meals potjie


Friends socializing

Getting ready to start a small finger meal, Theo in the background

Shooting an insert with NTL photography (@kgosi_kgosi)


Oba enjoying the outdoors and good food

Friends playing with the water

Enjoying the good food
Tsholo and Kgosi too full after a good meal

The silence when everyone had something to eat









Credits for this pictures to Kgosi Kgosi
Director Media and Founder NLT Media
Mobile +27 (61) 473 7225
Follow @kgosi_kgosi and @NTL_Media
facebook.com/ntlmedia 


Superkabza

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing Superkabza